Honestly, I'm not one for a lot of end-of-year contempaltion, but I decided to do a little wrap up, and fortunately, one of my favorite bloggers - Linda - over at All and Sundry does one every year, and I decided to borrow....appropriate....OK, outright STEAL her end-of-year questions. So, here goes.........
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Helped take our company in a whole new direction by going from a fiercely independent real estate company to a franchise member of one of the fastest growing real estate organizations in the world. Have you ever tried to organize a event for 250 people and keep the whole damn thing secret?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Oh Hell no! It's so embarassing, but no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Did a lot of travelling this year, but none of it out of the country.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More time for myself!
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 3, 2009. That's the date we launched the rebranding of our real estate company. And it has been a sometimes merry, and sometimes terrifying roller-coaster ride since
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The launch of the new company. And getting some of our.....ah.....less technologically adept agents to at least try some new tech.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Damn near everything else in my life. Not exercising, not losing weight, not being able to spend enough time with my kids.......
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had two minor foot surgeries this year,
made exercising in 2009 difficult, but 2010, look out!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Uh, really nothing springs to mind..... I tried really hard not to be extravagant this year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My youngest son's. He's a straight A student and a little musical genius!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My brother-in-law ('nuff said)
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really excited about?
The Launch.....this year, it HAD to be all about the launch.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
It Happens by Sugarland
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Overall, it's a toss-up.
– thinner or fatter?
Fatter, definitely fatter.
– richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spend more time with my kids and with my Mom.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Getting frustrated about people who I can't change.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Quietly, at home, with my family. It was very nice.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Only more in love with the Hubby.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Hmmmm, Doctor Who, Castle......
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope, I pretty much hate the same folks, and for pretty much the same reasons.
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My youngest son. It still blows me away that he's musical!
26. What did you want and get?
My DH bought me a spinning wheel for xmas! Now I just have to learn how to use it.
27. What did you want and not get?
A quiet vacation by myself.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had to accompany my DH to a meeting in Wenatchee, and I turned 48. Woo-Hoo.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If more people would have faith in my husband's vision. I KNOW it always comes out the way he plans. It really does.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Any day I didn't have to wear spanx was a good one.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmmmm, David Tennant, of course.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Renewal of the first time home buyer tax credit AND Equality for gay marriage.
35. Who did you miss?
My #2 son when he went to college
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably Sherry Chris.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Believe, believe, believe, even if others question your vision.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Ain't no rhyme or reason
No complicated meaning
Ain't no need to over think it
Let go laughing
Life don't go quite like you planned it
We try so hard to understand it
Fact is it happens
So that's it friends. My 2009. Seems like a lot of people are eager for 2010. Hopefully, that means we are done with all this negative crap. I know I am.
Let's get out there and kick some butt!!!!