Monday, January 26, 2009

Week One, Again

So I mentioned before that I'm doing the "Couch to 5K" program. I completed week one last week, but I am repeating it this week. Mostly because I decided that since I am still pretty much out of shape that running in a hilly neighborhood, when it is below freezing! is a bad idea. The local gym with the nice treamills is MUCH better. My lungs don't do that nasty freeze-thaw thing at the gym. Granted, it can be a bit overwarm, and way sweaty, and I am displaying my out-of-shape body to the great unwashed, but I know what I'm reaching for, so I'm cool with it. Besides, it hurts less, and I can actually finish a workout without thinking about dropping dead in the street.

Really, this is a pretty cool program. Free, lots of support online - almost anywhere you look - and achieveable. Workout three times a week following the program and that's it. In fact, the program insists on a rest day between workouts. Just what I like, a program that encourages vegging out. I'll keep you updated......

No comments: