Thursday, August 07, 2008

Making Progress, slowly......

Despite my wounded state, I have gotten a few things done over the past couple of weeks. These nifty baby booties were the last thing I did on small needles (US 0, I believe) And it's gonna be the last little needle project for a while.
And this dandy hat, done in SWS natural geranium. Finally something I like made with this yarn. I've always liked the colorway, but for some reason it only fits with certain patterns (at least for me). This "Hat Fit for a Boyfriend" was made for the Doctor Who Adopt-a-Crew project. A group of us want to show our love for the crew of Doctor Who by keeping them warm while they work creating our favorite show. What?? Wales is really cold in the winter!










This doily was a warm up project from a new book I got....Knitted Lace by Sonja Esbensen and Anna Rasmussen. I didn't want to embark on a big lace project from my new absolute favorite lace book until I tried something more manageable. At first glance, the charts are different and intimidating. But a few rounds of working the pattern and the charts are actually pretty easy to understand.














This is the project that is going to suffer. My latest sock project is just a bit too much on the old thumb. A few minutes and my thumb aches and it feels like someone stabbed with a DPN in the palm of my hand. This really kills me, as I have some awesomesauce sock yarn I want to play with, and I can't right now.





But tomorrow the Ravelympics begin. I have most of the day off, my projects all picked out, and all four series Doctor Who and both series of Torchwood DVD's to Knit along to. Dodgy thumb or not, I am starting the Sweater Sprint tomorrow with Mr. Greenjeans, and some Knitpicks Claret Merino Heather. Shhhhhhh, don't tell my Mom. It's her birthday present!

No comments: