Monday, December 29, 2008

Re-cap

Well, I survived another Christmas........barely. Now all that's left is a ton of leftovers and a slowly dying tree.

Even though we kept gifts at a minimum this year, the kids seemed to enjoy what they got (even though some of it hasn't arrived yet - damn Fed Ex and snow). Hubby did surprise me with my own digital camera; even after I told him he didn't really need to get me anything. Still, it was a nice giftie, and a wonderful surprise.

Finally got all my holiday knitting done....OK, so it was three days AFTER Christmas, but my nieces and nephews will be enjoying their handknit goodies before the end of the week.

A recap:
Hat for Nephew Hans...


Hat for his twin, Evan.

Mitts for their big sister, Chelsea.




Mitts for Niece Heather.

Mitts for Niece Hailey (they're actually done, now).






And last but not least, a hat for Nephew Drew....which I gave to the recipient before I thought to get a picture of the hat. But he loved it. Which is kind of funny, because he was the one who said "I don't need a hat....you made me one last year." Silly boy.

Next year, I plan on starting my holiday knitting, BEFORE Thanksgiving!


I've even started two new projects, which I need to have completed before January 9 (why do I do this to myself?)

You will note from the above list of holiday productivity, that there is nothing for my own sweet DH (OK, don't laugh, I'm in a good mood today, and he's not here), or any of my own sweet sons (good mood splashover, sorry). I do owe all of them pairs of socks, at the very least. I also owe #2 son a sweater I started for him last year, and a graduation afghan - due in June. Actually, I still owe #1 son his graduation afghan (he graduated from high school in 2005 - do you think I can get it done before he graduates from college in May?). But I am 3/4 done with #1 son's afghan. OK, so it's been that way for 3 years. But hope springs eternal.

I'm considering a New Year's Resolution. I tend to be a dismal failure at these things - but it is something I really want. The only trick is to make the resolution managable. Small changes, big results. More on this later....when I get up enough guts to talk about it.

No comments: