Tuesday, November 27, 2007

F.O. Part DUX!


This, gentle people is finished Xmas object #2! I am SO on a roll! Same Pattern, Same Yarn, different color scheme. I have to admit, this hat pained me a bit to knit - being Husky colors and all (Go Cougs!). I had to keep telling myself that it was not Husky colors, it was Issaquah High School colors. Cooled me down enough to finsh the hat. Thank God I only have to knit one of those! Now to find a way to dispose of that dreaded purple and gold! Sorry Husky fans, but this is a Cougar household.
I know, I know, not so imaginative with the differing hat styles, but this hat is particularly suited to knitting in school colors, and it was my first taste of fair isle, so I have a fondness for it.
Started a pair of socks for Son#3's teacher today. Weird to knit socks for one of your kid's teachers, but hey! I don't think HE would get off on the knitted, felted roses, or the pretty soaps and knitted washcloths I have made female teachers in the past. But how do you surreptitiously find out someone's shoe size? Anyone have a good answer for that?

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I found your blog from your comment on Annie Modesitt's post. Your comment really rings true with me. I've been on my "Vitamin P" for close to 10 years now. My mother and grandmother both suffer from clinical depression also. My gram even had shock treatments for it in the 1960s. Ugh. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to you for sharing.

P.S. Love those hats!