Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Self-Talk

Here begins the "self-talk" portion of our show, wherein I try to convince myself that regular exercise is a GOOD THING!

A while back, I started the Couch-to-5K program. Did really well for three weeks. Then Our big Better Homes and Gardens launch project started and the first thing that went by the wayside was MY exercise time. I will point out that hubby is far more dedicated and his exercise routine never lost a beat.

The busy-ness subsided, and it took me two weeks for my desire to exercise overtook my lame excuses NOT to exercise. So I am back to day one, week one of the program. I didn't even let the imminent demise of my iPod (which holds my interval training program) stop me today. So while I was alternately walking and running, I hit upon the idea of declaring my reasons for liking exercise every time I hit the gym! So here goes.......

WHEN I EXERCISE......

I feel better......
my back hurts less....
the temporary tired is soon replaced by more energy and a better attitude.....
my posture is better.....
I make better food choices all day long.....
I think more positively about myself......
I start to believe I can accomplish anything I put my mind to.

I apologize if this little exercise is a bit boring for you all. But a public declaration of what I am doing and why is going to go a long way in making this a part of my life.

Tomorrow, I get to take a rest-day - after only ONE day of exercise, not a bad deal! Friday is day two of week one. I plan to be checking in with you then.

No comments: