Sunday, December 09, 2007

This is the Week that Was

Ah, Sunday evening........ Company Holiday party, a pleasant memory (I planned and executed a party for 200, without a hitch and under budget!!). The day AFTER the party, when I slept all day, also a memory (country dancin' can wear a girl out!) And the piece de resistance...........all of my Christmas shopping is done!!! And it's only December 9. I decided to cyber-shop this year, mostly because I hate going to the mall on regular days, and I especially hate going to the malls during the holidays. I don't like the noise, the crowds, the impossible parking situation and the poor retail clerks trying to be cheery when the cheery holiday shoppers are treating them like shit. (if I do go to a store during the holidays, I try to be genuinely kind to the folks working retail - it is an especially thankless job during the holidays)

OK, honestly, I did go to Barnes and Noble for a few filler books, and I need to go to my favorite soap shop, Island Soap and Candle, for some lovely soaps (sorry, their website really isn't up to snuff, but their stuff is great). I plan to do that early tomorrow, and get that out of the way. Then, some stocking stuffers, and I am finished!

The Xmas tree is purchased (yet currently undecorated), and hubby and #2 son got the outside lights and the inflatable santa up outside yesterday.

Now, if I can actually get my Christmas cards out this year...........

No comments: