Monday, December 17, 2007

Three Down, Two to Go!


Finished Xmas Knitting Object, the Third. Socks for #3 son's 5th grade teacher. Pattern: my own wing it top-down Garter Rib pattern. Yarn: Trekking XXL ombre color #66 (blues, to dark green, purple, reds - in a manly-man combination). Needle: US #1, cast on 72 stitches. The best part of all.....finished THREE days before my deadline.

Now, one more hat for nephew #3 and a new Xmas stocking for #3 son. I was going to try to make it a surprise for him, but then I just decided to tell him, so I didn't have to sneak around knitting. I think I may make it!

#1 son is home from college for the holidays, so now I have someone to talk politics, religion and other BS with. He's fun. He's old enough to have opinions, and valid ideas to back them up.

He also helps me find wacko things on Youtube. Like this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RKQgDY0pZ68

Keep in mind, I don't really like the lyrics of the Crank That song, and Travis Barker is a bit extreme for me. But he does have to be one of the most phenominal drummers in the world. And I do like me some first class drummers!

Well, today, I am making Lefse for a classroom party. Pics tomorrow, if it doesn't come out like crap (please God, don't let it come out crappy - I got Lefse lovin' kids counting on me!) What, pray tell, is Lefse? Well, Swedish Tortillas, Swedish Naan, Swedish Pita. Go with the ethnic reference you are most comfortable with. Or look here: Lefse Sounds weird, tastes wonderful.

No comments: