Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Your Opinions Are Appreciated........

Just yesterday I was asked to knit pieces for two different school auctions. So out came the stitch dictionaries, and armed with yarn retrieved from Stash, I spent last evening swatching.

This is what I came up with...........



Now, I like this pattern, even though it is rather solid, as lace goes. The yarn is a fingering weight welsh wool in an awesome shade of purple. The color rocks. I just don't know if those wavey curves do the yarn justice. The rhythmic-ness of the curves strike me, somehow. I might need to go up a needle size to make the shawl a little more open, however.

I welcome your comments. I gotta make a decision on this ASAP.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Oooo, I like it! It looks lacy, but substantial. Does that make sense?

Anonymous said...

Go with it. Or try going up a needle size for more flow and drape.

Tiny Tyrant said...

OOOH Pretty.

I love purple and the lace is gorgeous.