Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Flickr-ing

Techno-Dork that I am, I am just beginning to learn about the really cool stuff that Flickr can do. Talking to my MIL this evening, it dawned on me that if I created a private Flickr group, open to my family members, that we could all share pics of the kids and the grands with "The Grandmas" who are totally scrapbook divas. Let me make it clear, my GIL (Grandma-in-law) Cha was scrapbooking before there was scrapbooking. My husband, his two brothers and sister, and all of our collected seven kids (and hubby's cousins and their kids), ALL have scrapbooks that date from their births to at least last Christmas. I am not shittin' you guys.......these ladies are serious scrapbookers. Probably one of the reasons I am the scrapbook anti-christ of the family. I take pictures, and then shove them in boxes, unmarked, unreferenced, never to be seen again.

The Flickr account is my way of making amends to the Grandmas for my laxity of sharing family pictures. If the pics are there on the inter-web for them to access, then I don't have to worry about getting hardcopies to them, ever....again. I believe a new photo-friendly printer and digital camera is in my mother-in-law's future. From then on, gift giving occasions can be used to replenish their photo-quality paper and ink supply. Oh boy! This could get way easy for me!

Thought I would share a pic from the long lost family archive of pics I've just downloaded:



I've gone against my normal policy of not showing any identifiable pics of my kids to show you this one. It's at least six or seven years old, and if you can recognize my son now, from his toddler shot, good luck. And hubby without beard. Believe me folks, I think this is one of the last pictures that was taken of my beardless hubby. He was cute then, but he is way cuter, now.

No comments: