Friday, February 01, 2008

Puttering Around

Yesterday, I visited one of my favorite places - Packaging Specialities. If you don't have one of these stores near you, I pity you. PS is a wonderland of gift wrap, ribbon, and boxes; in short, everything you could imagine to create wonderfully wrapped gifts. I found this:



The only reason why I bought it, was because I wanted to figure out how to copy it! $3.50 for that! I had some cotton chenille left over from making washcloths, and have been wondering what to do with them. After some puttering around, these emerged:



I like the purchased one, but I like MINE better - mostly because I used my own scraps that cost me nothing. (I am not mentioning the beads, thread and pin backs I bought to dress up the flowers. Those don't count, you see.)

I also went to my LYS for a skein of Muench "Touch Me" (wool chenille) to experiment with what they would look like in felted wool chenille. Those are the dark purple ones in the above pic. Currently, they are unfelted and un-embellished. I hope to get around to playing around with those this evening when the Hub takes #3 to a Sonics game. Gotta get the high-maintenance males out of the house before I can get anything done.

So did I get anything done on the two auction shawls???? Of course not! But did you see my pretty flowers??????

No comments: