Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Project Socks



Finished my project socks from the "2-At-A-Time Socks" book over the weekend. No, these aren't meant to be a pair. The book suggests knitting with two different colored yarns to keep the different socks in your head while you're learning the method. The whole method was pretty easy, but I got lost around the heel gussetts for a little bit. The problem righted itself and the rest of the sock was a breeze. I'm going to knit another practice pair, and this time be more mindful in reading the directions. I couldn't tell if it was my sloppy reading of the directions, or a problem with the way they were written. I will report back on this later. These socks will go into my Afghans for Afghans collection to be mailed later.

I think I've got one lace pattern settled on and started for the auction shawls. The other one, I have the pattern chosen, but after several tries with several types of yarn, I've come to the conclusion that I need to visit a yarn shop! I think I want to knit the second shawl in Lavold's Silky Wool. I have some in my stash, but I stashed it for myself (LOVE the color), so I have to find another color that I can bear to part with to make the shawl.

No comments: